Thursday, June 2, 2011

Email wasteland

Or something like that. By which I just mean that I'm waiting to hear from two different places about two completely different things, and neither email is, as yet, forthcoming. I've done my part on both ends, the clock is ticking, and I'm getting increasingly annoyed that things are being slowed down because other people can't get their acts together.

On the writing front, absolutely jack squat has been happening. Instead of taking advantage of #2's 'camp' to get writing done, I've been using it for: day 1 - cleaning the house, which looked more like tornado aftermath than humble abode; day 2 - cleaning and, admittedly, decompressing; day 3 - Dr.'s appointment for both kids. Some of it is just reluctance to walk back into my office and try to write, but some of it is that the SAHM thing is starting to take over my life. If it were going to be that way in perpetuity - that is, if I were going to be the SAHM of two small children forever - I might try to make my peace with it and let go of everything else. But in two more years #2 will be starting kindergarten and I will have many, many more hours of the day left to fill. It would be nice if I could fill them with something that brings in some money.

I actually did put in an application for a fed job the other day, but since it's a popular agency with, I'm guessing, comparatively low demand for my particular skill set, I'm doubtful that I'll hear back within their estimated 45-day period. My Dad is of the opinion that I will, so we bet a steak dinner (him) to my Korean BBQ dinner that this will/won't come to pass. I figure, if I'm going to be jobless I might as well get a steak out of it.

Apparently, Google CEO Eric Schmidt has been going around talking about the value of Humanities graduates. Funny, I don't see many Google job postings for same.

No comments:

Post a Comment